New gravel rally sprint in Northern Greece, in HALKIDIKI!

Category for foreign users and questions regarding Bulgarian championsip or just for chat with Bulgarian Rally Fans

New gravel rally sprint in Northern Greece, in HALKIDIKI!

Мнениеот tasosR40 » Пон Дек 28, 2009 13:35

We are a new club in Halkidiki, Greece (actually an older club that was "re-born") and we are happy to announce that we were appointed with a gravel rally sprint on 1-2 May and it will take place on one of the most historic gravel stages in the area which was used multiple times in ELPA Halkidikis Rally for ERC when that took place in Halkidiki.

The 1st Motorsports Club of Halkidiki Rally Sprint is on its way and we are inviting all bulgarian crews that would like to try in gravel to visit our event! :D

More analytical info will be posted here soon!

Feel free to contact us for any queries or questions at:

Motorsports Club of Halkidiki
Tasos Tsiotras
e-mail: [email protected]
mobile tel: +30 6977017298
Tasos Tsiotras
http://www.r40.gr
Аватар
tasosR40

Re: New gravel rally sprint in Northern Greece, in HALKIDIKI!

Мнениеот beta_racing » Вто Дек 29, 2009 08:36

That's great!
I wish you successful organization of the event!
Изображение
"ДМ ДООР" ЕООД - гаражни и индустриални секционни врати, автоматизация на врати и портали, ролетки, pvc завеси, автоматични бариери и още много други!
Аватар
beta_racing

Име: Дамян Киров

Мнениеот tasosR40 » Вто Дек 29, 2009 10:06

Thanks Damian,

we are working very hard to find the resources so to give as many incentives (economical too! - like free entry and free room) to the crews that will decide to enter our rally sprint. I will keep you updated about everything. Personally I think is super chance for somebody who would like to give it a shot in gravel with low cost!

Donchev and Iliev have some experience from the area that our sprint will take place! Ask them! Actually they have done part!!!! of the SS! 8) ssssshhhhhh! :D
Also the 2 Nikolov(s) have done all the stage! 8) Again ssssshhhhh! :D
Tasos Tsiotras
Аватар
tasosR40

Мнениеот beta_racing » Вто Дек 29, 2009 16:17

It will be hard for the BG crews to come to the rally because, you know, their cars are prepared for the all Bulgarian tarmac championship, so... :roll:
Изображение
"ДМ ДООР" ЕООД - гаражни и индустриални секционни врати, автоматизация на врати и портали, ролетки, pvc завеси, автоматични бариери и още много други!
Аватар
beta_racing

Мнениеот tasosR40 » Вто Дек 29, 2009 21:38

beta_racing написа:It will be hard for the BG crews to come to the rally because, you know, their cars are prepared for the all Bulgarian tarmac championship, so... :roll:

I know that all Bulgarian rallies are on tarmac and almost all cars are only tarmac set up but you never know! And I know there are cars with gravel set up in Bulgaria! :D Very few, but there are a few ones!
And we are just informing you about our event! :D
Maybe somebody thinks about gravel and personally I think that our sprint is a very good opportunity to try in gravel.
Already the interest between Greek crews is big and we expect to have a very decent entry list!
Tasos Tsiotras
Аватар
tasosR40

Мнениеот beta_racing » Сря Дек 30, 2009 08:33

You are right!
I hope someone from Bulgaria could come...the time will tell and we will see :wink:
Изображение
Аватар
beta_racing

Мнениеот xsmind » Чет Дек 31, 2009 00:39

That's really great news I was hoping for a chance to take photos on a gravel race and this one should be close enough to Sofia, so I'd be able to come. I'm marking the dates on my calendar already.
xsmind

Име: Георги Павлов

Мнениеот Ferjancz » Сря Яну 06, 2010 10:07

Hello,

It is nice to have you here in our forum, informing us about what's new in Greece. So, because of that the rally you are talking about is on 1-2 of May, maybe you have already prepared some documents about the event, such as regulations, route maps etc. It is interesting for me read what are the regulations for this event - mostly the cars which are allowed ot copmete in.

If I may ask you another question - do you have in Greece a group and a class for cars with expired homologation or without any and modified after that. And if so, where can they comete and under what conditions? Are there any restrictions, let's say, for the body shell, suspension, gear box etc. or they just have to fulfil the conditions acording Appendix J - FIA Safety Regulations.

Thanks!
3, 2, 1 старт - D4+, 120, L3заL3+ рано, D6 скача, 100, D3 неравности, 150 локви.....................мдаааааа, гаси!

Изображение
Аватар
Ferjancz
Администратор

Име: Павлин Калчев

Мнениеот tasosR40 » Сря Яну 06, 2010 20:12

Ferjancz написа:Hello,

It is nice to have you here in our forum, informing us about what's new in Greece. So, because of that the rally you are talking about is on 1-2 of May, maybe you have already prepared some documents about the event, such as regulations, route maps etc. It is interesting for me read what are the regulations for this event - mostly the cars which are allowed ot copmete in.

If I may ask you another question - do you have in Greece a group and a class for cars with expired homologation or without any and modified after that. And if so, where can they comete and under what conditions? Are there any restrictions, let's say, for the body shell, suspension, gear box etc. or they just have to fulfil the conditions acording Appendix J - FIA Safety Regulations.

Thanks!

Οk, let's take it one by one. :D

In Greece, apart from Gr.A and Gr. N we also have Gr.E (something similar with Gr. X but with less freedom!) and of course the historic sporting category!
All these cars can take part in our event, even WRCs (if you know anybody... :D ).

Gr. E is divided into 2 categories (Gr. E/A and Gr. E/E). As you understand this is for cars that their homologation expired.
Gr.E/A cars are under the same regulations when they were Gr. A or Gr. N.
Gr.E/E cars are the same cars but have more freedom but still have to fulfill the safety regulations that you mentioned! But in order to understand I have seen Evos running in Gr. X in Bulgaria. In Greece that car can only run as Gr.A and Gr. N! Gr. E is for cars with expired homologations, not new models with more freedom than Gr.A or Gr. N.

We already prepared some documents but unfortunately we can publish the road book, GPS coordinates and the In-Car of the SS only one month before the event. The reason for that is that recce is free here in Greece, there are not restricted passes (I still do not like that...).

For the regulations of the rally just be a bit patient,our new website is under way and all info will be there in English too!
Tasos Tsiotras
Аватар
tasosR40

Мнениеот beta_racing » Чет Яну 07, 2010 09:14

Thank you very much for the ansnwer! We have some big discussions about our Group X regulations, which seem to cause great problems for the drivers, because they have many, many differences in comparison with FIA's Group E regulations, and of course many differeces to drivers' cars as well! Maybe that was the reason Ferjancz asked you questions like these.
By the way, "Group X" means Group Hobbycar and in cyrilic letters it is Група Х [Group X], while in latin letters it can be written as Group H...but don't make the mistake that it means Historic :wink: Here we don't have Historic Group...only Hobbycar one :wink:

As I see your groups E/A and E/E are almost sticked to the FIA regulations about Groups E, and maybe just the initials of the groups are different from the FIA's.

About the EVOs in Bulgaria, which run in Group X ... we had many, many discussions if a car with not expired homologation could run in Group X! In the summer of 2009 I've heard that this will be banned for 2010 and the EVOs (and every other car with valid homologation) will no longer be allowed to run in Group X until their homologations expire. But let somebody, who is better in technical regulations than me, confirm this... :wink: I'm more in the organizational ones :lol:
Изображение
Аватар
beta_racing

Мнениеот tasosR40 » Чет Яну 07, 2010 14:43

By the way, in rally sprints here in Greece the results are made into 4 classes:

Up to 1400cc (A/5, N/1, EA/9, EE/9, R1, and also the according Historic sporting classes)
Up to 1600cc (A/6, N/2, EA/10, EE/10, R2, and also the according Historic sporting classes)
Up to 2000cc (A/7, N/3, EA/11, EE/11, R3, and also the according Historic sporting classes)
Over 2000cc (A/8, N/4, WRC, EA/12, EE/12 and also the according Historic sporting classes)

Now the difference here in Greece is that S1600 and Kit Cars are taking points to the class above them. For example a S1600 is going to the category of Up to 2000cc, also 1.6 Kit Cars!
The same goes for 1.4 Kit Cars, 2.0 Kit Cars, they go one class above!

BUT! Since from this year rally sprints count for National Cups, points will be given according to class to a crew that follows the cup. For example, a N/1 car finishes 4th in the Up to 1400cc category. He will not win the trophies for this category for the sprint but he will take full win points for N/1 in the National Gravel Cup standings for this event! I hope you got it.

Also there also 2 more categories in the championship and national cups. F2 and F3.
F2 = All 2wd atmospheric cars up to 2000cc
F3 = All 2wd atmospheric cars up to 1400cc

So, for example a Peugeot 106 Rallye 1.3 takes points in our sprint for the Up to 1400cc category, its specific class (EA/9 or EE/9), F2 and F3!
A VW Golf MK4 KC takes points in our sprint for ONLY the Over 2000cc category.
A Peugeot 206 RC takes points in our sprint for the Up to 2000cc category, its specific class (A/7 or N/3), and F2!
Tasos Tsiotras
Аватар
tasosR40

Re: New gravel rally sprint in Northern Greece, in HALKIDIKI

Мнениеот tasosR40 » Вто Апр 06, 2010 11:20

Ok, now we can pubblish the first few things about our rally!

In car of the SS - Part 1 and 2 here:
http://www.lemach.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=70&lang=el

Maps here:
http://www.lemach.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=66&lang=el
(in the next few days, Google Earth maps and Bing maps will be added)

Program here:
http://www.lemach.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=68&lang=el

Spectators points recommended:
http://www.lemach.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=74&lang=el

FOR EVERY CREW THAT WILL ENTER THE RALLY, THERE IS 1 ROOM FOR 2 NIGHTS (FRIDAY AND SATURDAY) FOR FREE AT PORTO KARRAS GRAND RESORT.
http://www.portocarras.com

ENTRY FEE IS 200 Euros BUT! IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS WE WILL ANNOUNCE "STARTING BONUS".

For every question you may have feel free to ask me!
Keep an eye in this thread because every day we will add new info. Regulations, Google Earth co-ordinates, Entry Form, etc...

Tasos Tsiotras
tel: +30 6977 017298
e-mail: [email protected]
Tasos Tsiotras
Аватар
tasosR40

Мнениеот beta_racing » Вто Апр 06, 2010 14:40

Bravo, Tasos :D
Изображение
Аватар
beta_racing

Мнениеот OgyWRC » Вто Апр 06, 2010 15:42

I've been there as a spectator and I have to say that some of the stages are unique – very rough and very demanding.

As we don’t have any gravel rallies in Bulgaria (snow rallies either), this is a great opportunity for "smaller" Bulgarian crews to try something different than “Muhovo” :D
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Аватар
OgyWRC

Име: Огнян Герджиков

Мнениеот tasosR40 » Вто Апр 06, 2010 23:04

OgyWRC написа:I've been there as a spectator and I have to say that some of the stages are unique – very rough and very demanding.

Hello Ogy, nice to speak with you through here too. I hope to see you again in July from close.

This is not correct at all! It is exactly the opposite actually! It is probably the only SS in Greece with so smooth and flat gravel.
And in order to see it with your eyes, a few weeks ago we had Janne Tuohino and his Fiesta S2000 for test in 2 parts that are in the SS!

Check the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b4Vszlv2cQ (In the last shot I am inside the car! :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lZG-Cf5 ... re=related

We will have many Greek entries with tarmac suspension (with higher possible settings) I believe..... :wink:
Tasos Tsiotras
Аватар
tasosR40

Следваща

Назад към International Forum